The Centre for Post-graduate Studies, Training and Research is responsible for its plans, policies and actions to the Academic Council & the Syndicate and is under the direct guidance & control of the Vice-Chancellor of the National University. A Dean is in charge of the Centre for Post-graduate Studies, Training & Research as one of the functionaries of the University.
Functions of the Centre:
- The Centre organises staff development programme, refreshers/ orientation courses, seminars and workshops in different subjects for the college teachers. A batch of 120 teachers of 4 disciplines, 30 for each, participates in a curriculum based training of 45 days. Financed by the university funds the Centre conducts this programme round the year.
- In Co-operation and Collaboration with the School of Graduate Studies, Centre for Curriculum Development & Evaluation, and College Inspection the Centre is to issue necessary instructions to the colleges and supervise their over all management.
- For improving the competence and skill of the affiliated colleges the Centre submits plan of action to the Academic Council and takes necessary steps to execute the decisions taken by the authority.
- The Centre recommends syllabuses and curriculums of Post-graduate courses, formulate regulations regarding admission and participation in examinations.
Names of the degrees awarded and duration of the courses:
- M.A : 1 year full-time after 4 years B.A. Honors or 2 years full-time after 3 years B.A. Pass.
- M.S.S : 1 year full-time after 3 years B.S.S Honors or 2 years full-time after B.S.S Pass.
- M.Sc : 1 year full-time after 4 years B.Sc Honors or 2 years full-time after B.Sc (Pass) Degree.
- M.Com : 1 year full-time after 4 years B.B.S. Honors or 2 years full-time after B.B.S. Pass.
- An applicant requires graduation degree for getting admission into a Professional course. Following are the Professional courses offered:
- B.Ed, B.P.Ed, B.S.ED. M.S.ED., B.B.A., M.B.A., Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Fine Arts, Defence services courses & several others.
Language of Instruction:
- Instruction- Bangla or English
- Examination- Bangla or English
- Along with the statutory functions, the Dean of Centre for Post-graduate Studies, Training & Research has been entrusted with all the activities of the Academic Section of the National University, namely:
a) The registrations of the students of all the faculties and courses such as Degree (Pass) Courses, Hons and Masters Courses, B.Ed, B.P.Ed, Law, Computer Science. BBA, MBA, Fine Arts, Defence services courses & several others.
b) Issuance of transfer cetificate, testimonial, cancellation of admission, conducting admission tests for colleges, determining the number of seats for admission to different courses, determining the equivalence of courses & degrees, selection of scholarships and others.